Memories, Madness & Music
This fantasy collection is part of my series of imaginary compilations, where official CDs are non-existent or inadequate in my opinion.
- Arnold Layne Single March 1967 UK #20. Composed by Syd Barrett.
- See Emily Play Single June 1967 UK #6. Another Syd Barrett song, originally titled Games For May. Pink Floyd's most successful single until Another Brick In The Wall in 1979. Released on the US version of Piper At The Gates Of Dawn album.
- Point Me At The Sky Single December 1968. Did not chart. Only officially available on CD as part of the Shine On 9CD Box Set.
- On The Run Guitar jam version performed live at the Rainbow 17 February 1972. This track was originally known as the Travel Sequence and was later re-recorded using a synthesizer as main instrument and appeared on Dark Side Of The Moon. This version has not officially been released.
- Money Short unplugged solo version by Roger Waters from June 1972. Not officially released.
- Money Single June 1973 US #13. One of the Floyd's most well-known songs off one of the most well-known albums of all-time, Dark Side Of The Moon.
- Shine On You Crazy Diamond, parts 1, 2, 4 & 7 Originally from the Wish You Were Here album released in 1975, this is a special edit from the A Collection Of Great Dance Songs compilation album in 1981. This special edit includes all lyric sections. Part 3 (last guitar solo before vocals) is skipped, Part 4 and Part 7 are linked (so that the three verses are continuous), and there's a fade out after the last verse (just before Part 8).
- Wish You Were Here Classic title track from 1975's Wish You Were Here.
- Pigs On The Wing Complete version featuring a guitar solo by Snowy White. Recorded for the 8-track version of Animals in 1977. Only officially available on Snowy White's Goldtop compilation CD.
- Another Brick In The Wall TV advert for the Pink Floyd The Wall film.
- Another Brick In The Wall, part 2 Single December 1979 UK #1, US #1, SA #1. Thumping track from the brilliant Wall album.
- Comfortably Numb Classic song from The Wall album. One Of Dave Gilmour's finest guitar solos.
- When The Tigers Broke Free Single August 1982 UK #39. This song appears in the film Pink Floyd The Wall, but not on The Wall album. Finally released on CD in November 2001 with its inclusion on the Echoes compilation CD.
- Not Now John Single May 1983 UK #30. Censored version of The Final Cut track, known as the Obscured version or Stuff All That version.
- The Pros and Cons Of Hitch-Hiking, part 10 Extended version of the title track from Roger's first solo album in 1984. Guitar solo by Eric Clapton.
- The Tide Is Turning (After Live Aid) Closing track from the Radio KAOS album released in 1987.
- Watching TV Stunning track from Roger's Amused To Death album in 1992.